What size does a SWAP need at a modern 500 GB SSD at a 32 bit laptop with 4 GB RAM?

John Reid owlman.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:11:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

If I recall correctly, hibernate (if enabled, not by default) uses the
swap partition (or a swap file, except on btrfs) to store the restore
image. So if you plan on using suspend-to-disk, you need a swap space.

A good source of info is
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management/Suspend_and_hibernate#Hibernation_into_swap_file

Cheers,
John