Scarlett quits packaging?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun May 15 19:24:51 UTC 2016

Hi Sinclair,

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 8:38 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I get it right, this:
> http://scarlettgatelyclark.com/2016/kubuntu-farewell-my-friends/
> means our main packager is leaving. How does this impact on a recently
> LTS release? Is there someone to replace?

Sadly her post is made totally out of context which makes it appear a
tad strange, the whole discussion can be read in the iRC logs here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2016/05/10/%23kubuntu-devel.html
Tl;dr: Scarlett needed paid work to make a living, something Kubuntu
sadly can't provide. Luckily for her she found a job, but that will
leave her less time for Kubuntu.

Luckily she is not the only Kubuntu dev, the others hang on :-)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org