Second Hard Drive issue

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat May 14 06:11:49 UTC 2016

Billie Walsh wrote:
> ls -l /media gives
>
> total 8
> drwxr-x---+ 2 root     root     4096 May 13 11:50 billie0w
> drwxr-xr-x  5 billie0w billie0w 4096 May 13 22:48 Billie0W
>
> Maybe I should have set the mount point as "billie0w" rather than
> Billie0W.

Better don't do it. Your login is billie0w and therefore external disks
would be mounted at /media/billie0w/<disk-id>, where <disk-id> is either
the label (if it exists) or the UUID of the partition. If you move your
external disk to /media/billie0w/, external disks would end up as a
subdirectory of your second disk, which might be even more confusing.
I'd rather mount the internal disk at a mountpoint which has the
designated contents of the partition in its name - something like
"webpages" in this case, or simply "data".

Nils