Second Hard Drive issue

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Fri May 13 16:09:10 UTC 2016

On 05/13/2016 11:38 AM, Billie Walsh wrote:

> Second, Your "solution" may be absolutely correct, however I'm no
> power user and have no idea what your referring to. I need "simple and
> complete" answers. Not just one word.
>
> I do appreciate your attempt to answer.

It looks to me as though the URL you are using contains a UUID...  which
is an identifier of the partition on which the files are stored...   I
would guess that however that partition got mounted to /media in the
first place needs to happen again after the reboot.   Also sounds like
you would be better to store them into an actual folder with a name such
as /home/webfiles/

The fstab is a file in /etc/ that shows your mount points and the UUIDs
(identifiers for each file system/partition) and allows the system to
atuomatically mount the partition.  Thus, if there is no entry in fstab,
the partition won't be automatically mounted.

--
"Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor,
     are directly proportional to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug."