kubuntu 16.04 connection.gateway-ping-timeout

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Fri May 13 15:53:05 UTC 2016

Hello Martin,

Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2016, 17:12:43 CEST schrieb Martin van Es:
> It's a known problem (
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/761646/intermittent-networkmanager-error-on-i
> mporting-ovpn-files-or-editing-such-conne) but it seems that it succeeds
> sometimes without error.
yes, sorry I was to short with my mail. I koown that and there is also a bug
report and should be fixed now:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/networkmanager-qt/+bug/1569674
I did an update and there was anetwork-manager update. I assumed that solves
the problem.
> Workaround for now: try so many times until it
> succeeds and then set gateway-ping-timeout to something sane. Or, create
> VPN connection by hand from openvpn conf file.
adding a new connection is also not working.

Tia
Stefan