Has anyone else on the list noticed after a fresh install that Kubuntu Will Not use a swap partition anymoore?

James R McKenzie jimmckenzie at earthlink.net
Sun May 8 07:46:42 UTC 2016

I set one up and the installation says it went fine but there is no usable Swap Partition in my running setup as it stands. I have even tried running the Boot Repair Disk to get Gpart to recreate the Swap Partition with no change what so ever. I have an HP Pavilion DV6 with 6 GB of RAM and a 640GB HDD. It's old but in all previous setups I have been able to create everything with no trouble . I changed nothing at all but this time no Swap Partition.

Any ideas. I don't know who else to ask. Let me know if this has/is happening to anyone else.

Thanks