Trying to Upgarde but PC says I have little Space

Richard Barmann reb68 at att.net
Sun Mar 27 22:49:16 UTC 2016

On 03/27/2016 06:02 PM, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Richard Barmann wrote:

>>> I have the root system with  "var" in it in the 11 GB partution as
>>> well s the 23 GB partition. The
>>> 11 GB partition  shows archives as empty.
>> It seems I guessed wrong because according to your second picture it
>> looks like your "/" partition is somewhere on sdb. Unfortunately your
>> pictures are hardly readable, so I don't know exactly which partition it
>> is, but it seems to be a 8.3 Gib partition which has about 1 Gib of free
>> space. But that doesn't really look much better than the 1/2 Gib space
>> on sda2.
> Richard: instead of pictures that lack some information, why not post
> the text output you get when running this command:
>
> df -h
>
> That tells us the mount points and everything else that is needed to help you
>
> Regards, Myriam
ick at dick-desktop:~$ df -h
udev            992M     0  992M   0% /dev
tmpfs           202M  5.3M  197M   3% /run
/dev/sda2        21G   20G  146M 100% /
tmpfs          1008M  152K 1007M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs          1008M     0 1008M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           202M   20K  202M   1% /run/user/1000
dick at dick-desktop:~$

I have the Kubuntu back and working. Thank you.
Now I would like to know how to change the target to the other unused
root or can I delete everything in the archives?
Thanks again