plasma crashing

Homer fsunoles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:03:20 UTC 2016

Kubuntu 14.04

Hello.  Plasma suddenly started crashing this morning.  I was doing a
little pre-work news reading with the chrome browser and suddenly I lost
the desktop.  At that point I updated the computer and re-booted to the
same result.  I tried logging in as a different user and more of the same.
I've tried renaming .kde to .kde_old but that doesn't help.  Searching the
google doesn't find any recent postings on the subject.  I was getting a
application crashed window popping up indicating a seg fault, but that
isn't popping up now for some reason.

That's about all I have at this moment.

Cheers,
Gary