"Black" tooltip problem Firefox: 1. Seemingly good workaround! 2. Where is "Colors — KDE Control Module"?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Jul 2 20:31:30 UTC 2016

Bas G. Roufs wrote:
> System:  Kubuntu 14.04 LTS together with Firefox 47 and KDE 4.13.3.

> Late May or early June, an update brought FF46 - with several
> glitches, amongst which the "tooltips" with nearly black fonts at a
> black background. I am sure, this problem is familiar to several
> amongst you.

Indeed, that's familiar (although I thought I was the culprit myself by
playing with some settings). After some experiments I found the point
where to change it to make the tooltips readable. Start systemsettings,
go to "Application Appearence" -> "GTK". Change the selection for GTK3
Theme from oxygen-gtk to something else and click the "Apply" button.

Nils