Huge Kubuntu-upgrade

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:06:27 UTC 2016

Sounds like de Kubuntu backports update that just has been released. That's
ok, as long as you make sure libqt5xcbqpa5 is installed afterwards.
It was missing for me and broke xsession after reboot. Took me some sweaty
minutes to find out and recover!

ssdm now correctly depends on libqt5xcbqpa5, but lightdm doesn't, so you
better check!

Regards,
Martin

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm running Kubuntu 15.10, with the Kubuntu-PPAs. There is a huge update,
> when
> I type "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade". Almost 400 packages are
> affected. There isn't any news item about that on kubuntu.org.
>
> Is this okay? I don't want to break my system. I've had bad experiences
> with
> Debian...
>
> Cheers,
> Volker

If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logic operator