Bugs found in Kubuntu 15.10

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:09:06 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Teimuraz Abashidze <tgasoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody
> This is my first post to community
>
> HW: HP EliteBook 8530p, 4 Gb RAM, HDD 1.5 TB.
> SW: Was Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, than upgraded to 15.04 and immediately to 15.10.
> This problems did not exist before. KDE Plasma is used as dektop
> environment.
>
> 1. Problems with sleep mode: after returning from sleep USB mouse (Logitech
> MX518) and USB wireless keyboard (Logitech Internet 1500 Laser Cordless
> Desktop) stop working, even mouse alser sensor is off. To bring them back to
> life I have to disconnect and connect again. Reproducing 100%
>
> 2. I'm using KDE keyboard swither with three layouts: English, Russian,
> Georgian. Lock screen shows keyboard layout in small window at the left of
> password field, but it's so narrow that you cannot read this two letters
> (us, ru, ge). After return from sleep layouts are not swithed correctly: it
> swithes between English and Georgian, ignoring Russian, but if you click on
> tray icon, it shows TWO Georgian flags and one Russian. Clicking on one of
> them, then on other brings it to normal state.
>
> 3. Very strange behavior of system tray. Icons of applications which I've
> added are not always shown. If I disable some of them (Instant messaging for
> example, or KDE connect and Reminder, which I don't need) than other icons
> are not shown properly. If I add one more system tray, it includes all
> necessary icons and all previously disabled icons also. Sometimes it shows
> two network icons at the same time (I'm using only one network, of course).
> When I'm running "Add new widgets" applet, it shows some widgets as already
> added, even the are not shown.
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Teimuraz Abashidze

Hi Teimuraz, nice to hear from you.

Moving from KDE5 to Plasma 5 is a big jump. You probably have some old
configuration files around that are conflicting. Have you tried making
a new user, and logging in as that user?

If things work better from there, then try logging out, and from the
terminal (control+alt+f2) do `mv ~/.kde ~/.kde-old` then `mv ~/.config
~/.config-old` and finally, `mv ~/.local ~/.local-old`. Then login
again. If everything is working properly, you can move old configs
back if you need them, file by file.

Remember, config files are just text, so if you think they are
suspicious, compare the newly created ones with the old ones. It's
interesting, and will teach you something about how your system runs.

Write us back if you need help with any of this.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez