Bugs found in Kubuntu 15.10

Teimuraz Abashidze tgasoft at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:28:19 UTC 2016

Hello everybody
This is my first post to community

HW: HP EliteBook 8530p, 4 Gb RAM, HDD 1.5 TB.
SW: Was Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, than upgraded to 15.04 and immediately to 15.10.
This problems did not exist before. KDE Plasma is used as dektop
environment.

1. Problems with sleep mode: after returning from sleep USB mouse (Logitech
MX518) and USB wireless keyboard (Logitech Internet 1500 Laser Cordless
Desktop) stop working, even mouse alser sensor is off. To bring them back
to life I have to disconnect and connect again. Reproducing 100%

2. I'm using KDE keyboard swither with three layouts: English, Russian,
Georgian. Lock screen shows keyboard layout in small window at the left of
password field, but it's so narrow that you cannot read this two letters
(us, ru, ge). After return from sleep layouts are not swithed correctly: it
swithes between English and Georgian, ignoring Russian, but if you click on
tray icon, it shows TWO Georgian flags and one Russian. Clicking on one of
them, then on other brings it to normal state.

3. Very strange behavior of system tray. Icons of applications which I've
added are not always shown. If I disable some of them (Instant messaging
for example, or KDE connect and Reminder, which I don't need) than other
icons are not shown properly. If I add one more system tray, it includes
all necessary icons and all previously disabled icons also. Sometimes it
shows two network icons at the same time (I'm using only one network, of
course). When I'm running "Add new widgets" applet, it shows some widgets
as already added, even the are not shown.

--
Best regards,
 Teimuraz Abashidze