kmess 2.0 .6.1 in K12.04

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:41:59 UTC 2016

Well,

all in all that is kind of personal. I HAVE to be on Skype for business
reasons and it is apparently the most used even on Linux despite not
being very actively maintained or open source.And I use it mainly for
chat, not calls or video.

Then you have GTalk/Hangouts or Jabber, both supported via
Kopete/KTelepathy/Pidgin and Jitsi. There is still Yahoo messenger and
ICQ, both again supported by above mentioned clients.

if you want to combine phone/computer then it is either Hangouts
(Google), Skype or Viber. Or Whatsapp, but you then have to go via a
browser on the computer which is, where I live, a bit "clumsy" and slow

cheers,
Sinclair