Kubuntu Council Nomination Deadline

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Aug 20 19:08:09 UTC 2016

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Aaron Honeycutt <honeycuttaaron3 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There will be one week for people to nominate themselves or others (will
> their permission of course) So till the 24th of Aug. The voting will go
> from that day till the 8th of Sept with the results being put out the next
> day (9th of Sept).

erm, why such a short notice? especially for board calls we should have a
bit more time at hand, I don't see why there has to be such a rush, and
then there is QtCon and Akademy and travelling in between. COuld we make
this a month? Over at Ubuntu they have deadlines of several months, I don't
really get why we have to hurry this in that way.
At least giving potential candidates some time to think about, then to
write their submission in a proper way is seriously not something I can do
until the 24th of August.
If you maintain that schedule, I can't submit my candidature in time, sorry.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org
<http://www.fsfe.org>