Kontact and KOrganizer

Richard Barmann reb at barmannsbar.com
Fri Apr 29 05:05:12 UTC 2016

On 04/28/2016 01:11 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Richard Barmann wrote:
>> The above two programs have been crashing when opened or trying to add
>> an event for the last several releases. Has anyone tried to solve
>> this?
> What do you mean by "for the last several releases"? I can't imagine
> that a bug like this hasn't been fixed for several years.
>
> Anyway, I would suggest to add another user to your system and try if it
> works if you login as that other user. If that is the case, there is a
> problem with a file in your $HOME folder, maybe a config file or a data
> file which stores data for the application which crashes.
>
> Please tell us which Kubuntu release you are using - the location of the
> config files has changed recently.
>
> Kubuntu 16.04
This is a list from the backtrace

he packages containing debug information for the following application
and libraries are missing:

  * /usr/bin/korganizer
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libQt5XcbQpa.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libKF5AkonadiCore.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/sse2/libQt5Gui.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libKF5AkonadiWidgets.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/sse2/libQt5Core.so.5
  * /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5