IBM EPM editor clone for kubuntu?

Lothar W Frommhold frommhold at utexas.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:10:43 UTC 2016

Hello All:
As a former OS/2 user who is presently getting comfortable with kubuntu, I
sorely miss the IBM EPM editor, or certain features of it (reflowing text
after major editing, certain block editing/programming features, etc.).
Kate has many good other features, and I seem unable to get comfortable
with emacs. The IBM text editor families have nearly all been cloned for
several OSs, but I was unable to find an EPM clone for linux - or would any
of these perhaps do: slickedit, E3, X2, XEDIT, KEDIT, THE? My question: is
there an EPM (or similar IBM family) clone, proprietory or otherwise, for
linux that one could consider? Any info you may know of would be
appreciated! (Another OS/2 apps I miss is PMVIEW.)
Lothar