No sshd as of the latest update

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed May 27 21:13:27 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 04:39 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
> D. R. Evans wrote on 05/20/2015 12:45 PM:
>> I updated my one remaining Kubuntu machine this morning with the latest
>> official updates.
>>
> FWIW, in order to get on with life, I "resolved" this by replacing Kubuntu
> with debian.
>
> Also FWIW, in my opinion, O'Reilly needs to publish a systemd book. Further
> investigation showed that at least three (quite nasty) problems existed on the
> machine following the application of one of last week's Kubuntu updates, and
> the evidence points all of them being associated with systemd. But without a
> solid, well-written, complete exposition of systemd in ordinary language, it
> was relatively easy to conclude that discretion was the better part of valour.
>
> Thanks to those who made suggestions here.
>
>    Doc

I guess I am perplexed because I have installed 15.04 on 3 machines now
(2-64bit 1-32bit)  and have had no problems whatsoever with ssh or
sshd.  I always do fresh installs.  I'm wondering if you aren't running
into a problem with something leftover from a previous install.

--
"A man's house is his hassle."