No sshd as of the latest update

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed May 27 20:39:15 UTC 2015

D. R. Evans wrote on 05/20/2015 12:45 PM:
> I updated my one remaining Kubuntu machine this morning with the latest
> official updates.

FWIW, in order to get on with life, I "resolved" this by replacing Kubuntu
with debian.

Also FWIW, in my opinion, O'Reilly needs to publish a systemd book. Further
investigation showed that at least three (quite nasty) problems existed on the
machine following the application of one of last week's Kubuntu updates, and
the evidence points all of them being associated with systemd. But without a
solid, well-written, complete exposition of systemd in ordinary language, it
was relatively easy to conclude that discretion was the better part of valour.

Thanks to those who made suggestions here.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR