No sshd as of the latest update

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 07:42:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, 21 May 2015 09:22:06 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
>On my 15.04 partition there is still this section in
>"/etc/init.d/ssh":
>
>check_privsep_dir() {
>    # Create the PrivSep empty dir if necessary
>    if [ ! -d /var/run/sshd ]; then
>        mkdir /var/run/sshd
>        chmod 0755 /var/run/sshd
>    fi
>}

So writing a script /etc/init.d/sshd.privsep

  #!/usr/bin/sh
  # Create the PrivSep empty dir if necessary
  if [ ! -d /var/run/sshd ]; then
    mkdir /var/run/sshd
    chmod 0755 /var/run/sshd
  fi
  exit

then creating /usr/lib/systemd/system/mksshddir.service

  [Unit]
  Description=Make run directory for sshd

  [Service]
  Type=oneshot
  ExecStart=/etc/init.d/sshd.privsep
  ExecStop=/etc/init.d/ssh.sshd.privsep
  RemainAfterExit=true

  [Install]
  WantedBy=multi-user.target

after that run

$ sudo systemctl enable mksshddir.service

and reboot might solve the issue.

--
It only looks like a tape-recorder. It's actually a pen.
So you can write with it and no one will know.