[15.04 64Bit]-Stop Complaining About It...

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:16:31 UTC 2015

Il 16/05/2015 23:01, Valorie Zimmerman ha scritto:
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 2:31 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, nobody is making anyone read any emails. This list is for helping
> one another, and seems to not be doing that right now.

>>> I'm quite satisfied with Kubuntu 14.10. But, as I read there are still
>>> many issues to solve with Plasma 5, I prefer to stay with my 14.10
>>> installation, and wait for some months.
>>>
>>> Ciao
> This is why we support LTS for so long -- so people who need stability
> can HAVE that.
>
>> I am 100 with you on this Valter - this to me being a core of this
>> discussion: why jump to Plasma5 when it was obvious it was going to be
>> problematic?
> We tested, and it was NOT problematic, merely missing a few bits.
>
>> Why would I want to go to Windows, I am fine in my 14.10? In fact I do
>> use Windows, it is part of my job
> . And I refused Windows Vista, I am not
>> touching Windows 8, I hope Win10 will be OK.
>>
>> I am convinced KDE5 will be alright - later. That is my whole point.
>> Later. Just as Win7 corrected HastaLaVista and hopefully Win10 will put
>> Win8.x to the history books.
>>
>> So a Plasma5.5 or so will hopefully do the trick
> Everyone should use the tools that please them, and help them do what
> they want. If it is Windows, fine. Mac, great! If it is Kubuntu,
> welcome to the community where we all help one another out.
>
> We do not *ever* advocate every Kubuntu user to upgrade when they are
> happy with what they have. Plasma 5.3 is running very well for me.
> Please please please file bugs when you encounter them, or comment on
> already filed bug reports, in launchpad if it is packaging mistakes,
> in bugs.kde.org for problems upstream.
>
> If you don't know how to file a bug, or need help figuring out the
> component names, where to file, etc. -- please ask here on the list
> and we will help out. The developers and maintainers need bug reports
> and high quality information.
>
> IRC is another good place to ask for help filing bugs: #kubuntu on
> freenode. One of the best hints, if you know the packagename:
> `ubuntu-bug packagename` in the konsole. Easy-peasy, and all the
> relevant information is collected automatically.

Thanks Valorie and O., for your words.

Maybe I could upgrade, but presently I need to have a 100% effective PC
in my home, because this is the only one we have now, and my daughter
and my wife use it for searches and studying.

I had some problems in the past with KDE4, but now I feel I need to wait
some time more, with Plasma 5.

BTW, I'm also very active in my KDE localization team, so I really need
a 100% working system :)

And, yes, I have also a disk with Win7, which I hope to
"hastalavistaing" it one day, and to free this poor disk. :)

Ciao

--
Valter
Open Source is better!