[15.04 64Bit]-Stop Complaining About It...

bmarsh at bmarsh.com bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon May 18 15:48:31 UTC 2015

> On May 18, 2015, at 8:39 AM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
>
> There were also replies in this thread to the effect that someone usually adopts things while they are still pretty much beta stage. My hats off to them. Thank you for doing the beta testing to find and fix things before I have to adopt them. Not being in any way techie I stick to LTS releases. I lack the skill set to "ride on the cutting edge."

I usually pick up the beta of Kubuntu as soon as the final beta is released and install as a fresh release which I do for every/any install that I do.

I tried Plasma 5 and it would crash about every 10 minutes.  That was AFTER I rebuilt my desktop because everything was wiped by 15.04.   I used the beta for over a week knowing it was beta and hoping some of the problems would be fixed but they weren't.  It was now getting close to the final release date.

So I switched to XFCE which I used to use and it does everything I need.  Will I ever switch back to KDE?   There's about a 50% I might.