[15.04 64Bit]-Stop Complaining About It...

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon May 18 12:39:08 UTC 2015

On 05/18/2015 12:59 AM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Who said that this release was bleeding edge? It is not, it is very
> stable for almost 100% of users. It is true that we're still missing a
> few features we had in Plasma 4, but stability has been very strong.

I made the remark that if your riding the cutting edge expect to get
bloody.

Sometimes it happens that some NEW part of a release isn't quite up to
snuff in some ways. [ KDE 4 release, don't remember which Kubuntu
version it was, comes to mind as well as certain comments about Plasma 4
] There may be some very good reasons for this to happen. Upstream
development usually seems to be the issue. And, it may or may not effect
certain users. We all use our computers differently and rely on
different packages. [ I personally relied heavily on Quanta+ which died
in KDE 4 for instance ] Each time it happens there is a great hue and
cry, but the bumps are usually smoothed out fairly quickly.

When it happens that it becomes necessary to include a portion of the
release that is not quite "there" yet it becomes very like "cutting
edge". If the features you rely on work then your fine. If not, you get
a bit "bloody".

All the gnashing of teeth, sack clothe and ashes, hueing and crying does
very little on this list other than create long threads of angry replies
extolling the virtues of this or that.

There were also replies in this thread to the effect that someone
usually adopts things while they are still pretty much beta stage. My
hats off to them. Thank you for doing the beta testing to find and fix
things before I have to adopt them. Not being in any way techie I stick
to LTS releases. I lack the skill set to "ride on the cutting edge."

--
A cat is a puzzle with no solution.

Cats are tiny little women in fur coats.

When you get all full of yourself try giving orders to a cat.