[15.04 64Bit]-Stop Complaining About It...

Alan Dacey (grokit) grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Thu May 14 19:57:37 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:24:14 PM Michael Hirsch wrote:

> Is that what it is good for?  I knew there must be a reason for it.

LOL .

> > The abundance of emails we have to read about the new KDE software will
> > happen every time there is a version bump. It happened when KDE 4 was
> > released and will happen again when KDE 6 is released.
>
> That isn't my issue.  KDE 4 was just plain broken for several years.
> KDE 5 actually seems quite good to me.  What annoys me is:
>
> 1) All my settings are lost.  I have to redo my panels, windows,
> shortcuts, etc.  Most of the features are still there, but no attempt
> was made to translate them from KDE 4 to KDE 5.  Bad form!

I do agree with that statement.  At least on my test machines the settings weren't modified up the wahzoo like on my main computer.  Reading about the woes involved made me decide to do a re-install when the time comes.  I've been upgrading since 11.10 and that along with all the tinkering I've done through the years caused some small annoyances with my monitor.

Alan