About updating to latest newest version - my thoughts

Dale Trombley buzzmandt at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:08:37 UTC 2015

Actually they do. Its a simple check box under compositor to turn off
desktop effects.
Also, for temporary effect there is the shortcut keyboard command alt+left
shift+f12 will also disable effects

I have a very old system that can't handle the effects but works great with
effects disabled and I get to keep the wonderful dolphin file browser (and
kde stuff too lol)