15.-4 will not work, How can I go back to 14.10

Richard Barmann reb68 at att.net
Mon May 11 15:22:08 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 10:29 AM, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 11/05/2015 15:56, Richard Barmann wrote:
>>
>> On 05/10/2015 08:20 PM, bmarsh at bmarsh.com wrote:

>>> Good luck...   I thought we determined your graphics card would not
>>> run Plasma...
>>> I need to be able to get Google Earth in order to quote jobs. I do not
>>> think XFCE will support Google earth. I will get a new graphics card
>>> if some one can tell me what I need to get. What info from me do you
>>> need to tell me what card I need? Dick
> Anything Intel will normally do the job. But I still dont get: why
> simply not revert back to 14.04 or 14.10 if either of those worked for
> you? Then "cling on" until Plasma5 matures. Not all of us users can be
> on the edge. I had the same experience with KDE4 years ago and used
> 3.5.10 until KDE4 matured

If I knew how to revert back I would gladly do that. In one on the
replies basroufs at gmail.com gives a step by step to get 14.04 or 14.10
but he lost me about 1/2 way through reading his instructions. I have
burned an .ISO of 14.10 but it will not install the cd. I may have to
burn it again .
Any help is appreciated. I would go back to either of the 14.** .
Dick Barmann