Kubuntu Council Elections 2015 - Call for Nominations

R.P. Charbonneau etriaph at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:09:27 UTC 2015

Hello Kubuntu!

The Kubuntu Council terms for Rohan Garg, Philip Muškovac and Valorie Zimmerman are due to expire on 2015-05-20.  This is a call for nominations for the Kubuntu Council to elect three members.

The term will be for two years, spanning 2015-05-20 to 2017-05-20.

As in the past, the election will be conducted using CIVS (Condorcet Internet Voting Service - http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html ).  The top three ranking vote recipients will be elected.

Schedule:

Nomination period: Now to 2015-05-11
Ballot Preparation: 2015-05-11 to 2015-05-12
Voting Period: 2015-05-12 to 2015-05-18
End Poll/Results Announced: 2015-05-19
New Term Begins: 2015-05-20

Eligibility:

All Kubuntu Members ( https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/+members ) are eligible to be nominated and to vote.  If you have a public email address in Launchpad, you need take no further action to receive your voting ballot.  If you do not have a public email address, please contact me offlist with the address you'd like your ballot sent to, otherwise you will be unable to vote.

Nominations:

All Kubuntu members are eligible.  The Kubuntu Council is intended to represent all of the Kubuntu community.  Applications from involved non- developers are encouraged.  If you are nominating someone else, please confirm their willingness to serve before nominating them.  Nominations should be done in public via either kubuntu-users or kubuntu-devel mailing lists.  If there is some extraordinary reason that precludes that, contact me directly.

Commitment:

The Kubuntu Council is the leadership body of Kubuntu.  Members of the council are expected to be active in Kubuntu.  The Kubuntu Council has three primary roles:
 - Approve development plans for future Kubuntu releases
 - Approve Kubuntu membership applications
 - Resolve disputes within the Kubuntu project

The time commitment is not large.  Meetings are generally only once every several months and conducted via IRC.

Questions:

If there are questions, you can contact me (preferably) via this mailing list or (if really necessary) via direct mail.  I can also be found on Freenode IRC in #kubuntu or #kubuntu-devel, nickname: Etriaph