Downloader Question

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed May 6 05:52:27 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Bill Vance <kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org> wrote:

> Howdy;
>
> Apt-get is nice as far as it goes, but the choices
> are somewhat limited compared to muon, and synaptic,
> etc.  Is there some way to tell muon/synaptic, et al
> that you want the _source_ for a particular program
> in their listing?
>
> Bill

Apt, apt-get, apt-cache etc. are the tools that Muon and Synaptic uses
behind that GUI.

`apt-get source packagename` is the way to get the source using apt-get.

To add the sources to Muon Package Manager (not Discover):

Open Muon > Settings > Configure Software Sources then enter your
password, and tick the sources box.

Something similar in Synaptic; it's been a long time since I installed
and used that, since Muon is now better.

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez