Can I get my desktop back in 15.04?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun May 3 20:55:05 UTC 2015

Michael Hirsch wrote on 04/30/2015 10:57 PM:

> So are you not running plasma 5?  I can't get plasma 5 to pay any
> attention to my KDE 4 settings.

I never saw any response to help you with this

Did you ever succeed?

I was furious to discover that the "upgrade" did this, and if there's some way
to recover my settings, I'd sure like to know about it. At the very least a
warning that this was going to happen would have been in order.

Even things that I don't normally consider as part of the visible desktop,
such as jobs that auto-run on KDE startup, were silently removed.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR