shutdown option gone

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 05:27:01 UTC 2015

On 01/03/2015 05:55, Thomas wrote:
> On 2015/03/01 12:51, Thomas wrote:
>> On 2015/02/28 20:01, Charles T. Bell wrote:
>>>
>>> On 02/28/2015 05:23 AM, Thomas wrote:
>>>
>> Thank you.
>> But ... Alt+F2 brings something up, that calls itself "Quicksand".
>> Some form of search function and I do not think I assigned that
>> shortcut key.
>> The sudo acrobatics DOES allow to restart and shutdown the computer,
>> BUT ... it DOES NOT explain why the shutdown option has disappeared
>> from the menu.
>> Thomas
> I forgot to mention:
> Lock out (End session) does do/change NOTHING.

Hi, it seems something (can not say what) have gone seriously wrong with
your installation as several basic functions have disappeared or are not
working.

If I were you I would make a backup of my data (Luckybackup is the tool
I use), make listing of software I have installed after original
installation and then simply reinstall from scratch.

Kind regards,
Sinclair