Menu bar now missing

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 25 00:24:11 UTC 2015

On 24/06/15 20:16, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Phil wrote:
>> Kubuntu version 15.04
>>

> In 15.04 there are files in "~/.kde", "~/.config" and "~/.local", so
> maybe you should try to rename the "~/.local" directory also. Other than
> that, you could right-click on the desktop and unlock widgets (if
> necessary). Then right-click on the desktop and add a default panel.

Thank you Nils for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, the situation has gone from bad to disastrous. To recap,
I renamed .config, .kde, and .local. Now after a reboot I'm left with a
black screen and a mouse cursor. .config, .kde and .local have been
recreated and right clicking does nothing. The only access I have now is
via ssh.

As I said earlier Billie and O, this is not the fault of installing
Google Earth. I had this same problem after fiddling with Bleachbit a
month or so back but I was able to recover from that disaster.

I really do not want to reinstall 15.04 again. I previously had 14.10
installed and I was very happy with it. I do not have the install disk
now but I do have 14.04. Unfortunately, my desktop will not boot from
the 14.04 DVD (the laptop will so the disk is not faulty) no doubt due
to UEFI. No matter which boot option I try the DVD will not boot.

So, what I need is Kubuntu 14.10 (which did boot from the DVD) but the
only version I can find includes a Plasma version (4 or 5). Plasma may
not be the problem but I do not want to waste more time on
uncertainties. Does anyone know where I can download version 14.10
again? I thought of Bit Torrent but it could be a bit dicey.

--
Regards,
Phil