language issue

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Sat Jul 18 11:21:39 UTC 2015

I use Kubuntu vivid in two languages. I have always used 2 languages and
always have English (US) as my default language. Lately when installing
some programs the Hebrew version - my other language and the area in
which I live- has been installed. Is there a way to ensure installing
the English version of a program. I get the in Hebrew no matter how I
install the program, whether by apt-get, muon discover or direct from
the site. It happened with Firefox and now again as I tried to install
Qupzilla. Most of my programs are in English and suddenly I get this
change of language which I cannot change out of. I still want to have
dual language but not have Kubuntu decide what language to install a
program.
TIA
Errol