Any alternative for the Firefox plug-in 'Adobe Flash Player'?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:32:47 UTC 2015

On 16/07/2015 17:12, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>

> ever since a few days, the Firefox plug in 'Adobe Flash Player' is
> causing problems. When visiting Facebook or any other website with video
> content, I get information like this:
>
> /'Firefox has prevented the unsafe plugin 'Adobe Flash' from running on
> www.facebook.com <http://www.facebook.com>.'
> /
> When clicking for more info, I arrive at this page:
> https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> A page from where it is apparently possible to download a newer? version
> of this plug-in. However, I prefer to use some flash package from one of
> the regular repositories.
>
> At that page, Adobe writes the following:
>
> /'(...) Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux
> as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security
> backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.(...)'./
>
> To be honest, if Adobe does not continue any more development of his
> flash player for Linux, I would prefer using some alternative that
> continues to be maintained and developed. Do you know any alternative
> with a similar functionality, allowing me to get rid of Adobe Flash Player?

Mozilla has decided to block Flash by default but you should still be
able to use after disabling some warning messages if you so wish. What
Kubuntu version are you using?

As for using Chrome with the "pepperflash" plugin instead I dont think
that is much better when it comes to the security loopholes mentioned by
others.

kind regards
Sinclair