Cannot get Canon Pixma MX432 scanner program to install in Kubuntu 14.04.2

Charles T. Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 4 22:09:17 UTC 2015

On 07/04/2015 03:44 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> James R McKenzie wrote:
>> I can use the printer on my system  but I cannot use the scanner the
>> control program "scangearmp" will not install when when I run the
>> install.sh script. I even tried to run the .deb file manually and got
>> an error about unmet dependences.
>
> Can you post the command you used to "run the .deb file manually"
> including the error message?
>

> Nils

I have found that when a .deb install fails because of unmet
dependencies, that just going to a console and typing:
sudo apt-get -f install
will clear up the dependencies, or, give information on the missing
dependencies so you can load them yourself.
You have to read the output of apt-get carefully.
Good luck!

Tom
--
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing" .- Edmund Burke