KDE ?

TuxMario DETREB tuxmario.detreb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:32:34 UTC 2015

Le 01/07/2015 08:10, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Billie Walsh composed on 2015-06-30 16:03 (UTC-0500):
>>
>>> No critter likes "change". We all want things to remain just as they
>>> are, and always have been. The change from KDE3 to KDE4 meant that I had
>>> to learn to use a new piece of software.
>> Some of us in older generations have learned to not fix what ain't broke, and
>> would like to see some respect from naive youth causing change. KDE upstream
>> has at least twice discarded invested wealth by starting from scratch in
>> order to institute perceived need to change. It's learned little from the
>> wisdom that history provides.
> Many of the changes have come about because if there is no fix, it
> will *become* broken. Hardware changes, the kernel has to adapt, and
> software changes radiate out in all directions as a result. I wouldn't
> cast blame on the young, either -- some of us older folks create
> Kubuntu, and create KDE.
>
> We welcome all people of good will to help us build Kubuntu. If you
> want Kubuntu to continue to grow and thrive, consider contributing. We
> need people to test, to file bugs, to triage and fix those bugs, to
> package, write documentation, translate and internationalize, promote
> Kubuntu, plan meetings and gatherings, do artwork, and on and on. If
> you have time, we need YOU.
>
> Valorie

Hello Valorie

I like very much Kubuntu/KDE and I'm ready to help the project going
forward.
Do you have some tutorial explaining how to start contributing?
I think I could help for :

  * Translation (I'm French)
  * Documentation
  * Basic testing
  * Etc...

NB : I'm not very available until end of august but after I could find
free time for this activity

Regards : Mario ROGER