KDE ?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Jul 2 02:27:04 UTC 2015

On 07/01/2015 10:17 PM, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 15:20, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> On 07/01/2015 04:50 AM, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> But if we only want
>>> stability I would perhaps use Windows XP still (it is my job to know the
>>> various Windows versions) as it "does the job" in most cases.
>>
>> For Windows I would pick 7 over XP.
>>
> So would I - I was just pointing to the fact that we cant live in the
> past forever

Windows 8.1 can be made to look like 7 if you get Classic Shell, and it
is reputed to be more resistant to malware. There are a number of things
that are not compatible, however. Frinstance, there is no driver for an
HP Photsmart 1115 printer. I don't know what else doesn't work. 8.1 boots
quite a bit faster than 7, if that makes any difference to you.

FWIW, I do most of my computing in Linux.

--doug