KDE ?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:10:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Billie Walsh composed on 2015-06-30 16:03 (UTC-0500):
>
>> No critter likes "change". We all want things to remain just as they
>> are, and always have been. The change from KDE3 to KDE4 meant that I had
>> to learn to use a new piece of software.
>
> Some of us in older generations have learned to not fix what ain't broke, and
> would like to see some respect from naive youth causing change. KDE upstream
> has at least twice discarded invested wealth by starting from scratch in
> order to institute perceived need to change. It's learned little from the
> wisdom that history provides.

Many of the changes have come about because if there is no fix, it
will *become* broken. Hardware changes, the kernel has to adapt, and
software changes radiate out in all directions as a result. I wouldn't
cast blame on the young, either -- some of us older folks create
Kubuntu, and create KDE.

We welcome all people of good will to help us build Kubuntu. If you
want Kubuntu to continue to grow and thrive, consider contributing. We
need people to test, to file bugs, to triage and fix those bugs, to
package, write documentation, translate and internationalize, promote
Kubuntu, plan meetings and gatherings, do artwork, and on and on. If
you have time, we need YOU.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez