Package Listing

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 09:09:24 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Bill Vance <kbun at xpresso.seaslug.org> wrote:

> Thanks guys, that gave me a bunch of options.  Got a real problem with
> one though.  I was checking out Muon Package Manager, saw something I
> wanted, and started it going.  I was then called out front for a bit,
> and when I got back, the problem had struck.  It had started out with
> the usual double window, the top one listing the programs, and the
> bottom one giving a bit of detail about them.  When I got back, the
> bottom window was gone, and I have no idea what happened, or how to
> get it back.
>
> I even did a, "apt-get install --reinstall muon", but its still no
> go.  I hope someone has a clue here, 'cause I sure don't.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill, once you select an application, that bottom section opens up.
Be sure to check out each of the tabs; they have a lot of useful
information, such as dependencies and change lists. Yes, this
information is available in the command line, but in Muon it is right
there.

What probably happened is that once the application was installed, it
was no longer selected, and so the info section disappeared.

Valorie