Output to Samsung TV

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 18 02:55:44 UTC 2015

Doug composed on 2015-01-17 19:33 (UTC-0500):

> Please tell us the name and model number of your video card. Or look up the specs yourself and let us know what you find.

Peter's OP told us

	M5A78L-M/USB3

which via Google leads to

	http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/

which says he has on the motherboard video

	Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU

unless he's installed an accessory card, and in audio description

	high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output and jack-detect

Maybe jack-detect interferes with getting audio onto the HDMI output if not
running Windows? As HD 3000 is a generic type, he should post audio device
output from lspci and/or hwinfo --sound if he'd like better than his current
solution. Being of the onboard type, it would not surprise me if his already
found solution turns out to be the only possible one.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/