vivid repo not found

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Tue Jan 13 15:15:19 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 03:04:51 PM Sid Boyce wrote:
> On 13/01/15 15:00, Sid Boyce wrote:
> > I hit the same problem.
> > "sed -i 's/utopic/vivid/g' /etc/apt/sources.list"
> >
> > After that, "aptitude update" and "aptitude full-upgrade".
> > root at sdrbox1:/usr/src# cat /etc/os-release
> > NAME="Ubuntu"
> > VERSION="15.04 (Vivid Vervet)"
> > ID=ubuntu
> > ID_LIKE=debian
> > PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu Vivid Vervet (development branch)"
> > VERSION_ID="15.04"
> > HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/"
> > SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/"
> > BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
> >
> > Regards
> > Sid.
>
> I forgot to add that I had problems getting a sane KDE desktop but after
> reinstalling a number of KDE apps it's OK except that the usual desktop
> folder window is absent.
> Regards
> Sid.

You should perhaps upgrade from Utopic to Vivid using 'kubuntu-devel-release-
upgrade' as the upgrade process is more than just swapping apt repositories
out.

As to the missing folder view widget, try installing the package 'plasma-
desktop',  I think that is what fixed some  missing widgets here for me.

--
Clay Weber
https://kubuntuforums.net