copy files to external HDD

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 13 10:24:12 UTC 2015

On Monday, January 12, 2015 11:32:47 PM Felix Miata did opine
And Gene did reply:
> O. Sinclair composed on 2015-01-13 05:52 (UTC+0200):
> > Felix Miata wrote:
> >> Norton Commander was born of DOS in 1986.
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_Commander
> >
> > If you like(d) Norton Commander you can install Krusader that has
> > much of the same layout
>
> GUIs steal some of the important keystrokes that make OFM's[1] the
> marvelous tools that they are. If you really like(d) Norton Commander
> you use Midnight Commander and File Commander/[2,L,W], as I do.
> Without MC it might have taken me 8 years longer to migrate from OS/2
> to Linux.
>
> [1]
> http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/Paradigm/index.shtml
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFM

Yep, I'd love to find out where they are stealing the F10 key to bring up
the xfce terminal emulators file requester, preventing the F10 key from
being the exit key for MC. So you have to close the requester that pops
up, then grab the mouse and find its exit button at the bottom of its
screen, and then answer an "are you sure" popup.  Make a minimum of 4
mouse clicks to quit it.

Sure, you can cancel that in the individual terminals prefs, but I'd like
to cancel it globally because its best described as a PIMA.

Thanks for reading my rant(s).

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)