Chrome Flickering After Running OpenGL App In VMWare Player?

Thu Jan 8 03:41:38 UTC 2015

Chrome Flickering After Running OpenGL App In VMWare Player?

Hi,

I've come across a strange problem with my 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit Kubuntu:
If I run an OpenGL app in WMware Player(Win 8.1 Pro 64Bit)
and then play a YouTube video in Google Chrome
Google Chrome flickers very rapidly?
(I must close the OpenGL app in VM and also must close Google Chrome and
restart it)

Using the most current versions of Google Chrome and VMWare Player.
On an AMD/AMD desktop with Kubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit fully updated.
Also running the current beta proprietary AMD display driver from AMD site.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
(I watch alot of YouTube while testing OpenGL apps in Win 8.1 VM)

Thank you!

Jesse