How do I enable AHCI

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 4 03:39:46 UTC 2015

peter maddison composed on 2015-01-04 03:20 (UTC):

> I would like to know how I enable AHCI so I can use SATA 4 & 5.
> I know how to enable it in BIOS but I've heard that I have to do

Heard where?

> something to the Kernel but I don't know what.

You would probably have to go all the way back to 6.10 to find a kernel that
doesn't use AHCI by default if the BIOS has it enabled.

Try this in Konsole to prove you're already using it:

	dmesg | grep ahci

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/