No subject

Lothar W Frommhold frommhold at utexas.edu
Sun Dec 6 19:24:52 UTC 2015

Upon adding a BD burner to my Kubuntu LTS 10.04 computer I discovered what
many individuals have long discovered: BDs data disks cannot be burned with
Kubuntu "as is". What a pity! Further research based on Google revealed the
reasons for it, but the remedies are a bit too complex for me to install
and the prospects for maintaining the LTS benefits seem unsure, if I would
try. The option remaining would then be Nero Linux 4 but, when I download
the Nero software, I get a warning that the software may harm my computer
when installed - no further explanations given. Could someone please help
me to understand the warning? Finally, would the latest Windows version of
Nero perhaps be usable if I installed wine? Please, help, if there is a
chance to make it work! Lothar