Partitions Not properly aligned

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 18 17:01:22 UTC 2015

Richard Barmann composed on 2015-08-18 12:40 (UTC-0400):

> I went into the partition manager and looked deeper. On the partitions
> that I sent you yesterday sda1, sdb1, and sdb2 show a yellow warning and
> say "not properly aligned" in KDE partition manager. Could that be my
> problem?

Probably not a problem WRT booting, but can be a problem WRT performance or
further changes to partitioning. The fdisk -l output you previously provided
would have had errors to report if it was a significant problem. You
apparently have multiple problems (mainly video configuration/video
hardware), but partition alignment doesn't look like one to be concerned over.

> I sent the GOOD and BAD logs last night as requested.

Sent where? I saw no post from you providing links to them.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/