Upgrade 14.10 to 15.04: some problems encountered

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:40:23 UTC 2015

On 17/08/2015 12:49, Valter Mura wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I finally decided to upgrade to 15.04. It went well, but I'm
> experiencing some problems:
>
> - when I login, I need to digit my password, even if I checked the box
> "Automatic Login" in the System Setting/User management
>
> - HPLIP software cannot reside in the system tray, because it states "no
> tray available". HPLIP opens regularly from the KDE menu
>
> - if system turns off monitor (after some idle time), it isn't able to
> turn on again the monitor, it remain blank: I disabled this command to
> avoid this (hope temporarily) problem
>
> Does anyone have some hints for them?
>
> A note on Plasma 5: responsive, quick, elegant, modern and clean. Go
> ahead in this way, I like it very much!

I am just running it in an virtualbox at the moment but I can confirm
the login issue and I think it is a bug

the tray icon thing has to do with needing additional software for the
"new" systray and "old type" icons. I know Skype needs something called
"sni-qt" or such. I think if you search internet a bit you will find the
solution.

Kind regards,
Sinclair