windows not preserved across sessions

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 09:27:03 UTC 2015

On 25/04/2015 10:48, Nils Kassube wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>> This and issues like not having different widgets on virtual desktops
>> stops me dead. So I tried Activities instead and the keyboard switch
>> shortcuts do not work, at least in the VM setup I am testing it in.
>>
>> No for me this is a TOO early release by Kubuntu, no matter how
>> "shiny" Plasma 5 may be. I will keep the VM running to see if at a
>> later stage with upgrades it improves enough for me.
>
> If it was for an LTS release, I would agree that it is too early, but
> for one of the intermediary releases I think it is good to have the
> early version of plasma5. This way there is a chance that issues are
> found and hopefully fixed soon. I think I'll install 15.04 in a VM to
> find out which of my favourite features are missing.

Well, I dont want to sit on 14.04 until 16.04 for a number of reasons
and will follow the move over to Plasma5 of course. But I still think
this is too "bleeding edge" to be made the main desktop environment in a
release. Something along the lines of what was done in 14.10 where you
had both options would have been better.

I run it in a VM, so perhaps if in later maintenance updates it improves
I will upgrade, otherwise I think it will be 15.10 for me