Updating to 15.04

Richard Barmann reb68 at att.net
Sat Apr 4 15:01:31 UTC 2015

On 04/04/2015 09:01 AM, bmarsh at bmarsh.com wrote:

>> On Apr 3, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Richard Barmann <reb68 at att.net> wrote:
>>
>> After I log in I get the next screen which has a band across the middle and a line that shows it is loading something. Then I get the blank screen. I can get to the terminal and Login to it. At that point I tried the solutions shown in the Bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sddm/+bug/1431332.
>>
>> Is there a place I can get the info about my PC. : Video, Hard Drives., Memory?
>>
>> Dick Barmann
> There used to be a nifty program called "hwinfo" but for some reason they removed it.
>
> Does anyone know of a similar program?
>
> In the meantime, why don't you apply updates to your system from the terminal screen.
>
> Two commands will do it:
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade

I did the apt-get update and the upgrade. It loaded the update/upgrade
and when I restarted it took a long time to get to the login screen.
Messages about waiting 120 seconds to do different actions. But when it
got to the login screen and the next screen it went blank again just
like before. I am very frustrated with this. Is there away to go back to
14.10 and start over. I have it on a iso disk. My problem is I do not
know how to partition if I need to in a install. That is why a upgrade
is better for me.
Thank you for trying to help,
Dick Barmann