Upgrading to 15.04

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Thu Apr 2 19:38:04 UTC 2015

On Thursday, April 02, 2015 01:34:24 PM Richard Barmann wrote:
> When my screen said an upgrade was available I ran the 15.04 upgrade and
> get to the login screen. At that point I get a black screen with just my
> curser activated. on the way to boot up I get this message:
> ----------------
> 1.4178621 ACPC PROBE FAILED
> Starting Version 219
> ____________
> I also burned an iso and tried to install it but that did not work.Is
> there a way (that I can understand) to back up and try to reinstall the
> version 15.04?
> If I knew how to remove it I would wait until April 15 (I think that is
> the date) and start over.
> Thank you for any help. I have been using Kubuntu for several years as
> barmannsbar.com but the Domain name was in my friends name and after he
> died it expired and I did not know it. Trying to straighten that out also.
>
> Dick Barmann

You should not have to reinstall.
There is a bug that has been difficult to reproduce, but there is a manual fix
found in comment #6 in this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sddm/+bug/1431332

crtl-alt-f2 get to a vt, and enter the commands given.

I had this on one of my boxes earlier on, but not the other two.

--
Clay Weber