printer Configuration

Peter Goggin petergoggin at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 1 04:09:44 UTC 2014

I have just loaded kubuntu 14.04. I have the following USB devices to
configur:
Brother Laser Printer HL-22
Samsung Laser printer CPL-320n
Epson Multifunction XP100
  When I try to install them I am presented with a large list of
possible drivers.

I configures the CPL-320 using the CPL-315 drivers since the 320N does
not appeat on the selection list. The printer works.  I was unable to
get it to work using ubuntu 14.04.

I cannot see any matching drivers for the XP100 or the Brother HL-22.
Can anyone advise me which drivers I should use.

I was able to get the Brother hl-22 to work on ubuntu 14.04, but could
not get either of the3 others to work, the processes always failing
while supposedly installing the drivers. The system guided me to an
epson driver to be down loaded for the XP100. Thr system just stalled in
the process. With the Samsung it selected glutenprint drivers but again
stalled in the process.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Peter Goggin