How to change Screen Size in Ver, 14.10

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 16:09:31 UTC 2014

Richard Barmann composed on 2014-10-24 11:22 (UTC-0400):

> I have installed the new release of 14.010 and now my screen size is
> smaller than it was. I thought I could change that in System Settings
> but it does not change it.

Please describe "smaller than it was". Does it mean fewer but larger objects
fit on the screen? Does it mean some of your display is displaying only black?

Please upload /var/log/Xorg.0.log to http://paste.ubuntu.com/ or other web
space and provide a URL so people can evaluate what's happening on your system.

Please share output from terminal: 'lspci | grep VGA'.

I'm guessing you have Intel video, as it's very common. 14.10 if I'm reading
right is using xserver-xorg-video-intel-2.99.914, which could be as broken as
the latest release version, 2.99.916. If this is correct, you may need a
manual X server configuration workaround, via /etc/X11/xorg.conf, that at a
minimum includes as follows:

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Default Device"
    Option        "AccelMethod"    "UXA"